Saturday, February 20, 2010

The State of the Blog Address...


... down the barrels of a rusting SuperHeavy. Say no more.

This post is really meant to be a bit of a road map. I’m two weeks into the blog, and I feel that I’m really starting to find my feet. Yesterday, for example, I figured out how to include a link in the text of an article. That may seem like small potatoes to some of you, but it was a minor miracle for me. And, like most things that I’ve learned with this blog so far, to the uninitiated, these tasks seem wondrously complicated. To those that know, they’re quite painless, really.

Well, this seems like an ideal time to outline where exactly I see all of this headed so that those who have been checking in, and so that those who will be dropping by in the future, have a sense of when, where, why I’ll be posting.

The Plan:
-I will be posting roughly five times each week (no less, but possibly a bit more once in a while)
-The schedule will be as follows: New Posts on Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri, with a WIP shot or two up each Sunday.
-To the extent that I am able, each week will have a distinct “theme.” This past week, for example, the theme revolved around my CSM army, the Arrugginiti. Next week… well, wait and see.

There’s quite a lot on the bookshelves that we’ve not seen yet here on A Gentleman’s Ones. Moreover, I’ve been taking photos like a man possessed (the quality of which has been improving, but there’s still plenty of room to grow). Based solely on the schedule above, I currently have nearly two months (7 or 8 weeks) worth of photos waiting in the margins, and that’s if I set my camera down today and don’t touch it again.

All this means that A Gentleman’s Ones has a decent future. I’ve been enjoying this tremendously, and hope that you have been as well. As ever, comments and other feedback will be most appreciated.

Finally, I would like to extend a grand and particular “thank you” to Ron over at From The Warp for his fundamental, generous, and tremendously practical help in getting this thing running. Thank you, Ron.

6 comments:

Reece said...

I think I might end up a regular here. :) Your writing style is great and I really enjoy the subtle humor.

Keep it up. I'm looking forward to the future of this board.

-Reece

DarkTemplar said...

Look forward to seeing more of your stuff :D

Warhammer39999 said...

Somehow your blog's managed to largely evade me so far, but it shows a ton of promise. Consider yourself followed.

And, by the way, if you have any questions about blogging, code, or whatever, please feel free to ask. I'm more than happy to help out a fellow blogger, and I'm sure most of the community feels the same.

Col. Corbane said...

Don't burn yourself out mate! I'll look forward to seeing more of your stuff!

Da Masta Cheef said...

You've got me beat, I've yet to figure out how to do those links yet.

bsmoove said...

Thanks guys. I'm really quite happy with where this all is going, and I really appreciate your support.

As I've said, I've got plenty more on the bookshelf, and I'm trying to stay as busy as possible producing new pieces. More to come.