Friday, March 19, 2010

Hailed vs. Hated: It Begins...


HAILED vs. HATED: So. I’ve spent this week discussing the forthcoming and amiable feud between myself and Dark Templar. We’ve decided to call this rivalry “Hailed vs. Hated” -and we’ll let you decide who is who on that score. Templar kindly made up this excellent banner that you see above, and which you will see every Friday for the foreseeable future both here and on Templar’s site when we update the progress of this project with WIP, Fluff, Recipes, Modeling, and all other bits that I've been talking about this week, and so on. It’s going to be tremendous fun. In fact, it already has been. Just have a peek below.

DAEMON PRINCE UNVEILED: Please allow me to sanctify this project in an unholy but appropriate manner by throwing down the proverbial gauntlet with some photos of the newest Arrugginiti Daemon Prince. If this doesn’t put ice in Blood Angel veins, then I’m not sure that I know what will.










As mentioned, please be sure to stop by (at the very least) every Friday both here and here for updates. Forthcoming: Custom Objectives, The Story of the Hailed and the Hated, HQ Characters, and at least a couple new Squads... and so much more...
See you Sunday.

4 comments:

Max said...

Nice, especially on the blood dripping chalice! And interesting choice on the minotaur as the Prince... I've been seeing a few of those wandering around lately.

bsmoove said...

Thank you. I've been noticing them with increasing regularity as well. Rushputin has several with some really cool wings (you can find here: http://warpstonepile.blogspot.com/)

The models are just too cool to pass. Initially, I thought that I'd try to make mine Terminator or Obliterator conversions, but the DP option was much too compelling for me.

Thanks again.

HOTpanda said...

The colour scheme is completely different from that of your rust marines but it blends in perfectly. The banner blows my mind away. Top notch painting.

bsmoove said...

Hey Panda. It's a bit different, to be sure, but I've tried to keep it all together by maintaining a limited palate that revolves primarily around Dark Flesh (which is also the base color of the rust). I believe that this little visual trick helps keep things relatively coherent. Also, the metal bits here are done in the same manner as the rust marines, but with slightly different emphasis on Dark Flesh and an extra wash or two.

This isn't the last we've heard of this guy by a long shot, but I wanted to get him out today to inaugurate the HvH feud.

As ever, thanks for the support.