Friday, May 28, 2010

The Man...

... has intervened (both here at home, and across the pond) and forced Dark Templar and I to push the final chapter of Hailed vs. Hated back to Sunday. Fingers crossed. Apologies to any that have stopped by with hopes of discovering glory, vainglory, vanity, and/or glorious gore. We promise all that and more very, very soon.

In the mean time, I saw this little nugget over at diceRolla, and thought I'd give it a spin. I'm not too sure about these results. In fact, I took the quiz twice to be certain.
D4 both times. I feel so... misunderstood.



I am a d4


Take the quiz at dicepool.com


You are a d4: You are bright, perceptive, and driven. You would be considered a blessing to mankind, if you didn't insist on using your powers for evil. You are devious, deceitful, doubtful, and downright dangerous. Assassins can learn a lot from you. If your fellow party members knew how rotten you were, they'd go over and join the bad guys. Justified or not, you are meticulous in your ways: A poison for every person, and a dagger for every back. Much of your day is spent scheming or plotting. The rest of your time is spent trying to convince others that you're simply misunderstood.

11 comments:

Da Masta Cheef said...

lol, I did this yesterday and got a D4 as well! I figured that that was why I no longer try RPGs. I always had more fun antagonizing my fellow PCs and trying to blame someone else for instigating it (I was even known to occasionally side with the NPCs to the detriment of the party) rather than to worry about imaginary monsters. I've been told that if i ever tried to properly figure out Role playing, I'd make a hellova GM.

Warhammer39999 said...

I'm wondering if the proverbial "man" you speak of isn't perhaps one of your wives, insisting you put down those little toy men and pay attention to them more...?

Rob said...

It says I'm a d8. Most days I feel like a d12 though...

k.Blas said...

I got a D4 too...Hmm, did all the Chaos players roll that?

ColKillgore said...

I am a D20 for dangerous. It says I am just as dangerous to the party as I am to the enemy.

fun quiz, anyway.

Papa JJ said...

The truth about you has been revealed! Better watch your back....

Papa JJ said...

Sorry, didn't mean that last bit to sound that way. I reread it and thought I should clarify considering what's been going on of late with a certain podcast... just referencing your deviousness and such, and us needing to watch our backs. Sorry again. I feel dumb now but better that than to be mistaken for threatening. It's late. I should stop. Cheers!

b.smoove said...

Good fun.

@ Cheef. Solidarity. My record with RPGs is sketchy at best. Perhaps this explains...

@ WH39.9K. Funny you should mention that. She didn't enjoy WIP week as much as some. I didn't even know she was reading the blog.

@ Rob. What's a D8 meant to be like? D12?

@ K. Blas. Solidarity. Perhaps Chaos has something to do with it. I think you're on to something here. Ha.

@ Killgore -to be fair, with a name like Killgore, I can see why the quiz might be afraid of you.
Ha.

@ Pappa JJ. No need to apologize my good man. Your joking tone came across perfectly clearly, and I didn't think for a moment that you were flaming me (or worse) on my own site. Hahaha. Still, thanks for being sure.

Cheers fellas.

Rob said...

What? No other 8s? I thought for sure someone else would be. Now I must explain:

You are a d8: You are the true adventurer! Dragons rescued, princesses slayed, and all that business while O Fortuna plays in the background. Your social calender is crammed with heroic deeds, and you've personally saved the world from ultimate destruction at least twice. You are reliable, perhaps a bit predictable, but overall a shining example of what happens when courage meets determination.

I like being the good guy. Maybe I should have gone with the Ultramarines. But nah, what's a hero without flaws?

The d12 thing is more of a joke. Few games call for it and those that do rarely put it to use. It's sort of the misfit of all dice. I think the other dice might laugh at it when it's not looking...

b.smoove said...

Rob. Solidarity.

Pest292 said...

Im a d8 too
I play a first founding Ultramarines spin off called the Aquamarines