Monday, August 2, 2010

Wot? Wot? 115th Post!!!

I have noted with interest that it’s customary to announce the 100th post here in the blogosphere. Unfortunately, I completely blanked on the ideal opportunity to do so. A few Saturday’s ago, I posted a quick note thanking Brent from Strictly Average and Tasty Taste for an article (sometimes ironically) lauding the merits of A Gentleman’s Ones. That post also happened to be the aforementioned 100th post of glory. It would have been the perfect moment to extend the thank you to all the readers that have helped make this blog something worth the benchmark. 

Doh.

I’ve recently mentioned elsewhere (no points for guessing) that I’ve taken tremendous inspiration from you, the gentle readers. I would estimate that at least four weeks’ worth, likely more, of posts have come directly from the feedback and inspiration that you fellows provide.  That’s a significant amount of what is happening here on A Gentleman’s Ones.

So.

Thank you for reading.
Thank you also for commenting.
Thank you for not ridiculing me when I incorrectly spelled “Dreadnought” for several months, and for being gentle when I mistook a House Rule for fact.
Thank you for your kindness, support, and ideas ideas ideas.

While on that theme, it’s also occurred to me that A Gentleman’s Ones has reached a similar benchmark! HUZZAH!!! Thank you, Gentle Followers. This momentous occasion calls for a contest/swagfest as a more tangible means of saying “thank you” to all the supporters out there. Of course, there is no give without a bit of take, so be sure to stop by for the details.  

Let’s hear it for the next 115 posts!!! See you Wednesday for 116, and for a particularly special post. Don’t miss it…

11 comments:

Magilla Gurilla said...

Congrats on passing your 100th post. I know that it has personally been a pleasure to read and follow your blog. Your painting has been inspirational and while I will never match your skill, I have at least learned a few tips here and there that I have been able to apply to my own painting.
Keep them coming!

Da Masta Cheef said...

lol, I went back to check my posts in case I missed the 100 mark as well, but have only clocked in at 60. So still quite aways to go (I may need a reminder though as in all likelihood I'll go right on by the 100 mark without noticing either).

Anyways, as I think that you've set a new blogging standard (and a scarily high one at that) I send a belated congrats to you and your belated '100 posts!' post!

addendum: the word verification is 'boonies' which is oddly appropriate considering my location. ;p

sonsoftaurus said...

Congrats! Here's to the next 115!

CounterFett said...

Congrats. I hit 300 yesterday. I had no idea I was supposed to be keeping track of these landmarks.

Gotthammer said...

Happy post-day! or something... funnily enough I put up my 100th just now.

Big Jim said...

Following you blog has been a 'Glorious' journey! I am glad I found it because you are a constant source of inspiration!

May you have another 85 'Glorious' posts as you take us to 200.

Congrats dude!

Jim

Brent said...

No doubt; you're an original!

b.smoove said...

@ Mags. Thanks. Funny you should mention it, the figure on this post has given me an idea for another recipe post. Stay tuned.

@ Cheef. I'll be sure to remind you when the time approaches. Looking forward to it, in fact.

@ Sons of Taurus. Cheers.

@ CounterFett. I suspect this means that you've got plenty of celebrating to do for lost time. Any excuse will do, really.

@ Goth. Congratulations!! Great stuff.

@ Big Jim. Ha. Thank you very much. The feeling is entirely mutual.

@ Brent. Cheers. And well done this weekend. How / Where does one find a manservant to rival yours?

Joe Gekko said...

Congrats on the big 115. Fireworks, pińatas, angel trumpets and devil trombones for the 230th!

Papa JJ said...

Congratulations! Very well done, especially considering the amount of quality content that you always include. I think celebrating #115 is a rather savvy move on your part, as well... fifteen percent more reason to cheer! Thanks for all the enjoyment, you set a remarkable standard.

Brent said...

I'm not sure. On the way home, my Indentured Servant told me he was done and there was this little lost feeling in the pit of my stomach.

It was great! :)

Now I'm sad. :(

Ah well - there's always next year!