Monday, September 13, 2010

Killzone: Orks


If I needed more reasons to be enthusiastic about Special Operations: Killzone (I don’t need any, but if I did), I wouldn’t have to look very far to find them. 

By the way, if you've not checked Killzone out yet, have a glance at the Beta that is currently up and running, running, running; you can find it on Galaxy in Flames and/or the link at the right. 

Several years back, I was given the Assault on Black Reach box set. Tremendous. Since then, I’ve hastily folded most of the Tactical Marines, the Dreadnought, and the Terminators into my Space Marine Chapter, the Onorevoli.

The Orks: well, I was never quite sure what to do with them. I painted quite a few in colors that later became something akin to the template for my Arrugginiti CSM, but I never really had the gumption to finish the Orks as such … so they sat. and sat. and sat.

It’s a tough life, sometimes, being a semi-wanted miniature. But lo! Killzone has given these reprobates a place on my table at long last. Of course, I need to address the color scheme, and have already decided to replace the turquoise with a proper Bad Moonz Yellow for shock if not awe. In the mean time, these guys might actually have a chance of seeing improper action on the tabletop.

Will this be the most ambitiously chosen Special Operations Group? Not a chance. I’m basically dealing with the box set and an odd bit or two that I found laying about the place. Do I mind? Not in the slightest.

I just need to find a way to get that Warboss (a very, very cool model if ever there was one) into the Special Operations Group –not sure how I’m going to wangle that.

The (not sexy but still intriguing) list:

2 Nobz 

2 Deffkoptas

10 Boyz: Big Shoota

1 Big Gunz
(200)

We’ll see how this turns out. Who knows, a bit of this and a bit of that and I might soon find myself with yet another fledgling army on the bookshelf. 


3 comments:

Brent said...

I think you're officially my favorite painter!

I've just purchased a Warriors of Chaos army for Fantasy - I'm planning on painting it using your rust recipe...

...so basically I wanna bug you for help!

As if you weren't busy enough, will you look at pictures for me? :)

b.smoove said...

It would be a pleasure. I've sent you an email as well.

Big Jim said...

Outstanding Idea! I may have a few Burnas laying about, I'll send em if I still have them and you want 'em.

-Jim