Friday, October 29, 2010

Killzone: Braaaaaains?

I am pleased to remind you that Pre-Registration for AdeptiCon is wide open, and that you can find the specific Special Operations: Killzone events listed below. The spaces have started to fill quite nicely (just over one-third gone already), so please don’t hesitate.


And on that note, I’d like to conclude A Gentleman’s Ones contribution to the Killzone Blitz and this month-long celebration of “many things Killzone” (you may have noticed that all but one post in October was directly related to the grand and growing Killzone monstrosity. I hope and trust that you enjoyed). Naturally, this doesn’t mean the end of the Killzone posts in any permanent measure, but rather signals a quick breath before the push… a small pause before the next tumult…

More on that as this strange fruit ripens.

Also, never fear. There will be a KZ WIP on Sunday; however, I tend to conceive these regular Sunday WIPs as outside the actual topic of the week, or month in this instance.

So Happy Halloween folks.  I’m off to conceive of how I might fold zombies of some description into a Kill Team dynamic. It’s not an intuitive step, to be sure, but compelling all the same.

See you Sunday.

8 comments:

sonsoftaurus said...

You could use the IA7 Vraks Servants of Decay list for a zombie team for Kill Zone.

Or could be a fun thing to throw into a scenario, with both sides trying to accomplish their other objectives while avoiding the local zombies.

CounterFett said...

I use mine as summoned lesser daemons alongside plague marines. Seems to fit real nice.

Jeremy said...

What parts were used to make your zombies? I recognize some of the head from GW, but their bodies don't look the same at all.

And I think incorporating Zombies into Killzone would be great.

Artemi said...

Guardsmen stats, no guns, We'll Be Back, Rending Melee attacks. 10 points each, +5 points for Fleet.

Papa JJ said...

This zombie plague appears to be spreading rapidly, just yesterday I spotted a few shuffling around on my painting station as well. I fear for the Imperium...

b.smoove said...

@ Son. I've not seen any of the IA stuff, apart from what gets recycled here in the interwebs, but you may have given me an excuse.

Funnily enough, this photos comes a quite similar scenario to that which you described.

@ CounterFett. Another good idea. I could folds these guys into regular games as SLD. Nice one. Cheers.

@ Jeremy. They are all GW, believe it or not, although many of these parts may be quite old. I'm not sure if GW changed them in newer iterations or not.

@ Artemi. I like it. You made that seem so simple.

@ JJ. Brilliant.

Sidney Roundwood said...

B.Smoove, it's been a great and awesome KillZone month. Love the zombies, love the blog and love the terrain. Keep it up, mate!! Sidney

b.smoove said...

@ Sidney. Thank you kindly. To be candid, I was considering a brief hiatus while I dig myself out from under adult notions like "responsibility" and "work." Your kindness and encouragement has helped keep me motivated. Thank you, sir. Thank you very much indeed.