Sunday, December 5, 2010

WIP: Killzone Photos

Although winter has arrived in good form here in Chicago, we've had some general moments of clarity and bright, crisp sunshine. So I spent the early hours this morning shooting some photos of little plastic people in action. For the most part, I was hoping to create a few dynamic images for the upcoming release of new, official Killzone goodness (...stay tuned for more on that this week). All was coming along quite nicely until Boyzilla appeared from the warp directly in the bowels of the Alacrity. The subsequent shift into realspace was calamitous and, in the ensuing mayhem, casualties were notable -particularly so for the Imperium.  


Here's what that shot was meant to look like.


It's all about perspective.  More tomorrow.

5 comments:

Loquacious said...

Boyzilla is way beyond adorable. And I am sure the MORE than Monstrous creature gave those Imperium lads something to shoot at, neh?

Warhammer39999 said...

I'd say he's more "gargantuan." With a couple of tentacles, I think he could work as a "counts as" Tyranid Dominatrix.

What's most impressive about this photo is the fact that your terrain will stand up to such a creature. That's phenomenal!

p.s. I got your email. Will get a reply back tomorrow. Must sleep now...

Alexander Man said...

I´m at the same level of amazement with Warhammer39999... Those terrain pieces are really holding up there! What glue are you using... Or are they made out of cement? Just asking cause I have three Warp Creatures my self, and it´s really a "Mission Impossible" to get a decent shot of the minis :D Nice pics man!!!

The Independent Characters said...

You are so totally cheating. No Titans are allowed in Killzone.

b.smoove said...

@ Loquacious. Thanks you. He is certainly more than monstrous at times too.

@ WH39.9K. Cheers. He is an imposing figure. The terrain is all screws and liquid nails. Having said that, there was a terrain casualty on the day. One of the "pipes" he was sitting on popped off. Nothing new.

@ Alexander Man. Cheers. We've got another on the way, so I'm trying to take advantage of these moments while I am able.

@ IC. Boyzilla cares not for rules.