Friday, January 7, 2011

Aldo Rezta and D’Arreztas (fin)


Now where were we… ah yes. D’Arreztas.

Because I had a few Nobz and also a few Boyz left over from the first two Warbands, and (as importantly) because I had at least one more Kan to build, I felt compelled to the point of obligation to stretch these growing Ork Warbands to a nice, round third.

Given that, I lacked immediate inspiration as I found so readily with the first two. And then... I won’t go so far as to say it is a pun, but Aldo Rezta (pictured at top) seems to have simply suggested himself from thin air in a fit of word play that, while not exactly clever, seemed at least worthy of an Orkish afterthought.

And now to his ramshackle D’Arreztas.

The Personalities:
Aldo Rezta –Nob with Big Choppa, ‘Eavy Armor, Refractor Field, Resilience upgrade and Waagh Banner.
Glubz Clubz –Nob, Big Choppa, ‘Eavy Armor, Resilience upgrade, and vinegar in his soul.

The Grist:
2 Nobz –‘Eavy Armor and not much else to set them apart from the crowd excepting a quirky coincidence in that they are the only two Nobz from my original AoBR set that have bone coloring on their helmets, as does Aldo R. It's not much, but there you go.
3 Boyz –‘Eavy Armor, and these three were the only three boyz that I’ve painted thus far that are bareheaded, which makes them accidental adherents to the organizing principle that I’ve applied to other groups.

Funny how that happens.



The Kan:
Killa Kan (to be named after first notable encounter on the tabletop) –Kustom Mega-Blasta. This is my one and only sacrifice to wysiwyg. The points worked perfectly to pull this Team up to an even 225, but I didn’t really have the gumption to figure my way around converting a Mega Blasta of the Kustom variety. Alas. This fellow will suffice.

And so that completes this week’s tour of the three basic Warbands that comprise my nefarious Waaagh! Will there be a fourth? But of course.

I had so much fun bashing the first 5 Orc/Ork Nobz that I assembled another 8 this morning. And then I remembered that I also have 6 more standard Nobz from the AoBR box that I acquired some time ago… AND there’s another Killa Kan in the margins as well.


How about that. I don’t think I could stop if I wanted to. Just as well I don’t.

9 comments:

fester said...

I am enjoying your Orks stuff mate, I really am.

I double-dare you to build a KillaKan Combat Weapon along the style of my Kopta-Rolla you commented on earlier :)

The Inner Geek said...

I like the army. I think it's very progressive of the Orks to let a "bi" lead them. Since there are no ork females, what exactly makes for a "bi" ork?

Papa JJ said...

Glorious! I hope you are able to bring a number of your Killzone teams to Adepticon, it would be great fun to see them in person.

b.smoove said...

@ Fester. I accept the challenge... but I've already built these first three. I trip to the store is in order.

@ The Inner Geek. a typo. blast. Although, I suspect this simply means that Aldo R. eats more than one kind of meat. Perhaps both bacon and pork, for example. I'm unsure.

@ Papa JJ. You've got it. Perhaps we can sort through an informal game or five while we're at it.

fester said...

Excellent :) This will be one to watch :)

Warpaintguy said...

I really like the skintone of those orks mate. nice use of fantasy and 40K bits mixed together. I always have a look on the right side of my blog to see if you have made any new orks.

I might start a new army this year after I finish up my fantasy army so I can field a 2nd 40 army. Your work is really inspiring and the orks more and more appealing.

Seb

Skarvald the Troll-faced said...

Your fourth Warband should have Ork Boyz converted as Kommandoz who are using extra Killa Kan bits to look like piles of junk and a camouflaged Killa Kan with vegetation on it and a Kommando who is trying to blend in with it.

Do it. Do it. Do it. You know you want to. Do it. Do it.

Porky said...

Warpaintguy has a point with the skintone - there's a lot going on there. The metal effect is amazing, and the limited palette binds the various surfaces together very well. The killa kan is a masterpiece, heavy and clanky looking. I'm glad there's more on the way.

b.smoove said...

@ Fester. It is on, my hemispherical friend.

@ Seb. Cheers mate. I'll be sure to post a bit on those skintone in the reasonably near future.

@ Skarvald. oh so tempting.

@ Proky. Thank you kindly. As I suggested above, I'll be posting a bit more on the proverbial ins and outs of these fellows soon.

Cheers one and all.