Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Memory Lane: Inquisitor Number Two





++If you somehow missed the Alacrity Raffle… click here immediately++

Inquisitor Number Two clearly participates in what might otherwise be described as my “blue phase.” If it’s good enough for Picasso, it’s good enough for the Emperor’s righteous lunatics …for a quick sampling of the other notable moment from that blue phase, check out these holy rollers.

Those initial Blue Terminators inspired this Inquisitor who later inspired his very own Imperial Guard allied force –which in turn was my first genuinely fully-formed, coherent, and functional army; these Inquisitors, by comparison, are clearly all over the map. That’s how these things happen in my nerd kingdom. While neither focused nor as frequent as it might otherwise appear from the rosy distance of the interwebs, once started a snowball becomes an avalanche with alarming haste. I wouldn't have it any other way, to be sure. 

Indeed, you can see some of the Psykers from that IG force skulking about in the background, here looking admirably vexed and world-weary. More often than not, these fine fellows often doubled as members of the Inquisitorial retinue. There were a few other Necromunda gangers as well in that retinue, but these appear to have been lost to the ravages of time. Alas, we hardly knew you. 

The conversion is about as remedial as they come, but I am still quite fond of the pose and particularly the book. Oh that book. I spent hours and hours on those pages, in order to achieve a look that I could probably manage with reasonable calm these days. Still, I am proud of it. The tome, in my humble opinion, looks suitably ravaged by both weather and time. This was accomplished with judicious, and at times generous, layers of the old flesh and brown inks from GW (now from Coat D’Arms); however, the real triumph by my way of thinking was/is the “B” illuminated in the top left corner. Again, that little chestnut took a veritable lifetime, but I am still pleased with the way it reads from a distance (Funnily enough, I am not particularly fond of the right page, nor the overall color scheme of the model… but there you go. One to grow on).

No points for guessing why I chose the letter B for the illumination.  

Oh, and donate. >

3 comments:

Mordian7th said...

Absolutely beautiful! I'll admit to a similar scatter-shot approach when it came to Inquisitors over the years. They always lurk somewhere on my shelves and have been the center point around which a number of my own armies have grown and ebbed. Definitely like the psykers in the background of the second picture as well, good stuff! Oh, and donated. :)

Da Masta Cheef said...

lol, at one point we determined that if I used a different Inquisitor & retinue allied to one of my armies each week, that I could go about 2 1/2 month before running out of models.

I've been trimming the inquisitorial herd here lately (mainly DH), but they offer so much variety of color (and character) to armies that are often very conformist, that I've never really been able to resist.

b.smoove said...

@ Mordian. Thank you, and Good Luck! Very kind. The Inquisitors are something monumental, somehow, to me. They hooked me initially, and I've never been able to stray entirely away from them. Pleased to know that I'm not the only one.

@ Da Masta Cheef. 2 1/2 months!?! Holy Crap. That's amazing.