Sunday, March 6, 2011

ALACRITY RAFFLE: ONE WEEK LEFT TO ENTER


 ONE WEEK LEFT IN THE ALACRITY RAFFLE

IMPORTANT DATES:
Sunday, March 13 will be the last day to enter the raffle. Again, I will ship this monster anywhere in the known world.

Tuesday, March 15 will be the drawing, and the announcement will follow immediately. I encourage you not to miss this chance at gaming glory. As mentioned previously, this is a once in a hobby lifetime event.

Let's review:

HOW TO ENTER:
Click on the donate button at the top right.
10$ equals 1 ticket. 10$ is the minimum entry and that donation puts your name in the proverbial hat. Each subsequent donation of 5$ earns you another ticket in the raffle.
25$ equals 5 tickets.
50$ equals 15 tickets.
and so on…

Anyone in this universe may enter; I will ship your winnings directly to your door. If you have already entered, I will send each entrant an email with your lucky ticket number(s) this week. If you have not yet entered, I will send your information upon donation. The more you donate the more you likely you will wake one morning to find the entire Sin of Alacrity on your front step. As ever, I encourage you to think about what else you could get for 10$. Moreover, I encourage even the tightest and prevailed upon out there in the greater blogosphere to skip one, maybe one and a half cups of your usual coffee sludge this month and make a worthwhile donation to a worthwhile blog. (see also my note on the merits of raffle v. auction at bottom*).


THE DRAWING:
March 13, midnight, is your last chance to donate and enter the raffle.
March 15, Tuesday, we will select the winner and immediately make the announcement. This will be filmed and posted as well to ensure the more cynical that all is as it should be.
I have just about finished packaging the Alacrity, so once the winner has been selected, I will get the package in the post immediately –it’s not called Alacrity for nothing.


WHAT YOU WIN:
I have included here a detailed outline of the Alacrity’s Specifications. If, by chance, you would like additional information, photos, measurements, etc. please shoot me an email and I will answer you to the very best of my ability.

So. Those specs:

4 (16”x16”) Great Rooms:
-The Chapel
-The Bridge
-The Detention Chamber
-The Barracks

4 (12”x16”) Rooms:
-Vapor Condenser Room
-Engineering Room
-Storage Room
-Standard Room

1 (8”x24”) Very Long Corridor:

5 (8”x12”) Long Corridors:

6 (8”x8”) Short Corridors:

Tons of Sundry Bits:
-10+ Door Panels
-Biomass Filth
-Barrack Beds
-Sentry Gun
-Interrogation Wracks
-Mechanical Features
-Chapel Pews and Altar
-Flotsam and Jetsam



STORAGE:
I have heard a few people mention that the Alacrity seems rather, well, large. That is absolutely true when spread across a roughly 5½ x 7 -foot table as you see here; however, the pieces are modular and store wonderfully. For years now, the Alacrity has lived on just one single bookshelf in my hobby space. You can’t beat that with a stick. 


PROCEEDS:
All proceeds from this humble raffle are going to cover the cost of shipping …as I type this, I will make a loss on this raffle –that’s bad for me, but good for your chances of winning. While I hope that the raffle gains some interest and traction in the coming weeks, I intend to honor the deal even if only five of you sign on -a deal is a deal. Still, I would like to cover shipping costs at least, so tell a friend. Tell your FLGS. Tell your mother. Tell anyone that might be interested. You will never get more for less. I promise you. This is a once in a hobby lifetime event.  

If, fingers crossed, enough of you enter to cover the cost of shipping, I intend to use the remaining proceeds to help build the Killzone tables for AdeptiCon.


OK. So that’s the raffle in glorious technicolor. Good Luck.

*The Merits of Raffle v. Auction: 
I considered some time ago putting the Alacrity up on the auction block –ebay or somesuch. I decided for a raffle instead for one, and really only one, specific reason: I want everyone interested to have a genuine chance to win her. I do not want the Alacrity to find a new owner based solely on the criteria of financial readiness and/or pocket depth. Instead, I want to send this Hulk of Glory to someone who actually wants it and who will enjoy it tremendously. Everyone in this hobby should have 10$ to spare. Let’s be candid. This hobby takes a small bit of solvency. Click here for a small taste of what else 10$ may buy you (not much). By comparison, you could win an entire Space Hulk for two-thirds the cost of Telion. Space Hulk. Single Model. That’s nuts. In precisely this manner, the raffle is designed to be a genuinely stunning bargain, yes, but also a great leveler of opportunity. You have just about the same chance as anyone/everyone else.

So DONATE >>>>


6 comments:

The Inner Geek said...

I'm really not trying to be a pest, but is it your math or mine that's taken a wrong turn?

25$ equals 5 tickets.
50$ equals 15 tickets.

I calculate.
25$ equals 4 tickets.
50$ equals 9 tickets.

That said, you can dish out chances to win as you like, it's an awesome deal no matter how you do the math.

b.smoove said...

Haha. Math itself is the enemy. The additional tickets are a reward for donating more. Quite standard practice with this type of thing really. Still, thanks for checking up.

Drunken Samurai said...

OK, you talked me into it! I'm in and I have my fingers crossed! As a side note, I have wanted this set since I first saw it on parasitic studios several years ago.

Elbrun said...

Can't help but join in the donation for a chance at this wonderful setup. Definitely a labor of love, and it shows.

Wyatt said...

Pick a winner. Or just pick me. I would love to skirmish on that bad Larry. My FLGS would love me if I showed up with that thing.

b.smoove said...

Drunken Samurai, Elburn, and Wyatt. Thank you for your donation and Good Luck!