Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Congratulations James!

Extremely large congratulations are due to thatguyjames for the honorable mention he received from GW yesterday.  James is the artist who designed the details/decals for the AdeptiCon tables as well as the beautiful Killzone Cards. 

During my first days in this hobby (somewhere in the darkest depths of the 80s), I spent hours and hours and hours nerdily staring at the models and armies collected in White Dwarf magazine, as well as in GW's stupefying rulebooks; Space Marine in particular was a favorite. In those days, I wanted nothing more than to see my own name underneath one of those photographs. I dreamed for days of making a model worth that kind of recognition, and felt scolded by the seeming impossibility of it. 

While I have outgrown that specific ambition (or rather, that ambition has outgrown me -Golden Daemon in particular has unceremoniously passed my abilities), I am still small enough both to envy and to admire a friend who has been recognized for his talent. Truly a scholar, a gentleman, and an artist.

Well done, James!

1 comment:

Thatguyjames said...

As always, you're too kind. Thank you so much for this; I look forward to seeing what the future brings for us both.