Monday, May 16, 2011

Heroes of Armageddon

Today, I would to redirect your attention to the Heroes of Armageddon project… not only because today’s update introduces yours truly as the fifth Beatle, but also because Heroes of Armageddon is an unapologetically grand idea, brilliantly assembled and executed.

I suspect that many, if not all, of you are already familiar with the project, so I will not need to lay the foundational details for you once more. Instead, please let me simply reiterate the fundamental point of all this gloriousness –Doctors Without Borders. I cannot think of a single other example in which our collective hobby can and will contribute to the benefit of the “real” world in which we live so remarkably and so importantly.

Win. Lose. Other. Your contribution will help someone out there, someone in desperate need of that assistance, in incredibly valuable ways. I believe it worthwhile, when considering the potential such an endeavor might have in the real world, to think of it in real terms -the tangible benefits of your time and money will have.

That alone should be fine reason to participate –if, however, you require more prompting, consider also the scope of this project with regard to our fine hobby. The Teams that have been assembled to execute this project are simply stunning. Indeed, I encourage you to take another look at the teamleaders who will be creating the four armies up for offer: Dave Taylor, Thomas “Goatboy” Reidy, Chris “Jawaballs” Dubuque, and Rob “Spikey Bits” Baer. Legends. Every One.

Glorious.

The saws are about to come out of the garage once more, and work will get underway in earnest. I will be updating on the progress of the HoA tables on a regular basis over the next two and a half months. In the mean time, let me just say that I fully intend to make several grand steps up from the work you are already familiar with here. It is going to be good... stay tuned. 

[quick note: we will pick up with the regularly scheduled program (Top Ten Models …according to me) tomorrow. See you then. ]

5 comments:

Skarvald the Troll-faced said...

Congratulations on your participation, Brian. You make us proud.
Sometimes I open up your blog and just wonder why the heck am I blogging when this guy has it all.
Keep on making us look bad, buddy. :)

Teek said...

Couldn't think of a better man for the job!

I'm really glad you're part of the team, this is really going to take the entire HoA project to eleven!

HOTpanda said...

I cannot wait too see what you come up with...the anticipation is killing me.

Porky said...

This is the best kind of news. Another fine facet to the project, and, without wanting to pile on the pressure, something that can only be truly glorious!

Brian said...

@ Skarvald. Too kind, my man. Far too kind.

@ Teek. Brilliant. This one goes to eleven... it's one louder.

@ Panda. Cheers mate. I expect that you'll have something worth a proper ogle come June.

@ Porky. Glorious indeed. Cheers mate.