Wednesday, July 27, 2011

HoA: Table Progress (11)


a journey of one thousand miles starts with one Trukk

Once more, I am left with frightfully little time to drone ceaselessly about these tables; however, I must reiterate that they are still very, very much in play if your are feeling both particularly charitable and gamey. Email me. We understand completely that this kind of investment is... well... considerable, but please remember that all of your contribution will be directed to charity -and a tremendous one at that.

from left: Tall Paul's elbow, Skarvald, and FrozenJoe -pretending to be camera shy

As you will see, we are nearing the endgame with these monsters -thanks particularly to the very potent skillsets and generous assistance of Skarvald and FrozenJoe, both of whom have come down to the city twice this week and put in two very sunny, very long, and very demanding days of work. Cheers fellas. 



I will finish with two thoughts: First, this series of posts began with several photos of inspiration that I had found around the neighborhood. Second, there remains another source of inspiration in the form of one exceptional and expansive Porkster, who has posted an evocative series of his own creation. When the dust settles on all of this, and when I have the time necessary, I intend to revisit both those photos and some specific elements from Porky's very cool contribution that have had considerable influence on these tables. Until then, I encourage you to have a gander at both and try to find where/how. I would offer a prize if you can identify three or more from each...

Titan Class Boyzilla prepares to unleash hell
Third (?), I will leave you with a few atmospheric shots of the underhive...





Glorious?

8 comments:

Captain Richard's miniature Civil War said...

Excellent work...great photography...gritty realism

SC Mike said...

i think it's starting to look awesome. I updated the heroes post as well

thx
SCMike

Porky said...

Very generous, but you've gone way beyond my scant ideas, made a cohesive physical whole. This is a masterpiece and those atmosphere shots inside are outstanding. It's what we dream of as gamers, especially with all those years around Space Hulk and Necromunda.

BigjerM said...

Wow man...just wow. That terrain is amazing. Very 3d, interactive, attention grabbing.

SC John said...

Looks great,

See you tomorrow.

Sidney Roundwood said...

Brian, they look outstanding. The underhive shots are gloomy and magnificent....remind me never to go near a subway looking like that.

Most scary of all is the Titan Class Boyzilla (stats to follow, no doubt, although sadly not a tourney-eligible build, I guess). Does he have a template weapon - thrown teddy bear, perhaps?

jabberjabber said...

Simply wonderful!

Devin said...

The pictures don't do the army or the table justice. I wish I could have taken the table home..but on a side note I did take a realm of battle table home. I won one of the fantasy ones