Monday, September 19, 2011

Rule Bretonnia wip



This weekend, the wife and I played House Hunters: Chicagoland Area edition, so little happened on the hobby front; however, I managed some modest progress on the Grand Bretonnian assembly of 2011.


Lamentably, I found myself 7 men at arms shy from my goal of 30 –I tried very hard to squeeze every last spare model into service, and you may note several non-men-at-arms models in the mix. I have been trying to avoid the necessity to order bits or, worse, purchase an entire box just to make up the minimum. My greatest fear, I will confess at this point, is that if I nail down another box I will compulsively increase the number in this unit from 30 to… anything higher than 30.

With another 40 peasant archers on the front burner, the thought of even more peasantry has me reeling slightly. Mass painting exhaustion is beginning to burn me up/out.


But just as the mists of despair gathered and the will to continue began to falter, a bright point of light appeared from a break in the clouds (cue distant trumpets) and inspired perseverance. She is from the P-65 Heavy Metal range by Reaper, and I may very well situate her as The Lady in the army (I have never loved GW’s efforts on this front). She is an elf, Adrielle someone or another, but I have already whittled down her ears and hope to make her suitably ladylike for my brutish peasants. It shouldn’t take much for that gaggle of reprobates.  


I have also recently spotted an interesting model from the Hello Dorado range that may step in as well. We shall see.

Though the weekend was slow, I have some great treats in store this week and next. More soon.

10 comments:

GoldenKaos said...

I joyfully applaud your stoic efforts to create a Peasant Army. Keep going, this is great material!

SC John said...

I have a bunch of men at arms bits for you.

John

The Dark Templar said...

Seriously B, you must have the patience of a saint – the photos of so many unpainted models and the implied work required makes me physically tired.

Lord Siwoc said...

I no longer use my Brettonian army. Interrested in a good deal mate?

Skarvald the Troll-faced said...

"40 peasant archers on the front burner"... Does this mean that you're.. burninatin' all the peasants (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90X5NJleYJQ).
In all seriousness, I'm really not looking forward to so many pointy sticks flying towards my sweaty, obese Mongoloid Ogres. :(

Have fun painting them, though... and then base them. Ugh. But I do have to applaud you for being such a brave man, Brian.

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO PLAY A GAME? :(

The Inner Geek said...

Great work! As for burn out, at least it aint tables out in the weather.

Brian said...

@ Golden Kaos. Thank you. Your encouragement is timely, appreciated, and much-needed. Now back to work.

@ John. Sending you an email now.

@ Dark Templar. All saintly comparisons are encouraged but more appropriately directed toward the wife.

@ Lord Siwoc. I am indeed.

@ Skarvald. Brilliant link. Saturday?

@ The Inner Geek. I count myself fortunate. Cheers mate.

Paul of the Man Cave said...

Coming along brilliantly mate. I really like those big rectangular shields!

Lord Siwoc said...

Email? Then I can send you some pictures of what I have mate.

Paul of the Man Cave said...

Excellent!

pauljamesog(at)gmail.com