Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Why I love the Blogoverse (part 1)



[As A Gentleman’s Ones approaches its second anniversary, I am feeling rather reflective, a bit sentimental, a tad saccharine, with a dollop of gratitude. This humble submission is the first in a series that I would like to title “why I love the Blogoverse,” as it will unsurprisingly highlight a number of ways in which said blogoverse has been stupefyingly good to me these last few weeks, months, years. ]

 
I. The Onorevoli Reborn

The Onorevoli are dead. LONG LIVE THE ONOREVOLI!

How cool is this.

Just when I thought I was out, Son of Dorn (with his excellent blog Most Peturbatory) has pulled me back in. 


Venerable readers will remember the sometimes-mighty Onorevoli as the perennial kick-it-around for Ref Pitmann’s Iron Warriors. I made a hullaballoo recently about retiring my homemade faction/chapter. There were two fundamentally related reasons for this shelving:

First –I had married this chapter a nudge too tightly to fluff-tastic approach both for the modeling opportunities afforded by a Terminator-or-Scout-heavy force, and therefore for the potential units available on any given day.

Second –I am not a good enough player to pull off a fluff-first approach –or at the very least this one. I am too clumsy a player and this heady cocktail is too unforgiving to allow me anything but the aforementioned semi-regular kicking courtesy of Ref P.  It was getting a bit dull, even (I suspect) for the good Ref.

Well. No longer. 

While I am on newer pastures, specifically with regard to my modeling interests, I have taken Son of Dorn’s insight with some considerable interest and enthusiasm. He has come up with two viable lists both of which maintain and build upon my initial ideas while also offering an approach with a bit more teeth.

Perhaps the kindest part of all this is that Son of Dorn invested his time, attention, consideration to my unfortunates simply from his own enthusiasm for the notion behind them.  That is tremendously kind, and indicative, I believe, of the very best that this fine blogoverse has to offer.


Will you see a battle report once more with the heading “Onorevoli?” Why yes. Yes you will. 


4 comments:

Skarvald the Troll-faced said...

Brian, I challenge your almost heretical Onerevoli with my Space Wolves, lead by Wolf Lord Skarvald the Troll-faced and his aid - Rune Priest Daemakon the Cold-Blooded.

Son of Dorn said...

I thank you for your kind words. :) Though you always seem to link me in the midst of a mountain of homework. Hopefully some folks will tear that most recent team list apart though. Played with it this last weekend and barely scraped a victory. Want some fresh takes on my methodology.

psychobob808 said...

Awesomeness!

Brian said...

@ Skarvald. Accepted.

@ Son of Dorn. absolute pleasure. In fact, I should be thanking you some more. As for the timing, I can't take credit for that. ha.

@ psychobob808. Cheers.