Saturday, April 21, 2012

ADEPTICON


First things first: IrNot137 is a legend. Brilliant. In a wild fit of generosity and gaming savvy, he has re-worked the Killzone Roster, which you can find here. He has been tremendously on the spot with this and responded to all input with immediacy and good taste. What more could a gentleman ask for?

 
 
Second things second: Tables. I have a few shots of the “naked” tables as they appeared Thursday night –that is, without the additional scenery on the trenches, drop pods in the cityscape, explosions, and the like.












WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE THEM IN THE FINISHED STATE. I promised to bring something bigger, better, more glorious: 10 tables, 5 pairs of two tables each, completely different themes for each pair, unique missions for each table, custom tokens, custom cards, custom glory. Here is a sequence of photos to make you believe.   

This must be brief. I am piggy-backing on the internet and letting the caffeine percolate into my bloodstream before heading down to Combat Patrol for my first ever competitive event. I have, however, a ton of photos and will soon revisit (by request) the making of the tables, the events themselves, and naturally my misadventures in the shallow end of the competitive gaming pool.  

p.s. the first two marathon events have come off blindingly well. Just Glorious. Really. Extraordinary. 

17 comments:

sonsoftaurus said...

Awesome work!

HOTpanda said...

The tables have trimming? Mmmm Trimmings!!!! It all looks so delicious. You do realize that those trenches will be filled with drool? WOW!!!

Drathmere said...

Wow, Brian these are outstanding. I would love to game on that desert trench table. I thought the armageddon table was good, but these reset the bar.

Kudos!

Porky said...

Just stunning. I love the mix, but the contoured forest floor especially. Good luck with selling them off at the end.

Dai said...

Those tables are a sight to behold! That trench system especially got my attention. Look forward to reading more on this!

Captain Richard's miniature Civil War said...

Great looking tables

Matthias said...

As always, brilliant stuff.

Son of Dorn said...

Whoa. Those look great. Can't wait until I can make the trip to play on them (or their descendants) someday.

Tael said...

Absolutely gorgeous work; I save my higher praise for exactly this type of craft.

Only thing wrong was my Scythes or Tau did not get to cross swords with anyone on these :D

Skarvald the Troll-faced said...

Yay! We delivered!!

We are awesome.

Sidney Roundwood said...

Brian, they're just stunning. The desert/ arid trench tables are phenomenal. As Drathmere so rightly said above in these comments, these tables re-set the bar. You (and the Love-Blob, Boyzilla and Blue!) and everyone who helped should be very proud of themselves! Phenomenal stuff!

Merlin said...

The tables were a joy to play on, and I played on (just about) each one. Congratulations to Brian et al. on the fantastic events!

MDH

Elbrun said...

They looked great, and a lot of fun to play on. I'm seriously considering making a table for Kill Zone for next Adepticon. Oriental village themed would be interesting and fun I think.

IrNot1337 said...

Just found out Google Docs strips the Java script off of the form, so no auto-calculation. So instead, here is a link to the Dropbox file: Killzone Auto-calculating Roster

Warhammer39999 said...

Fantastic stuff as always--though you seem to have outdone yourself this time. Loving that trench table...

#2501 said...

I could swear that wooded one is the Araguay woods from Final Fantasy Tactics.

You're awesome, man. Those tables are absolutely amazing.

Brian said...

Thank you, one and all. This may sound trite to the point of insincerity, but the opposite is actually true. The support this weekend was stunning and has left me at a loss for words. Thank you. Thank you. I am beside myself with enthusiasm for what we have glued together and tremendously energized (though physically exhausted) for the next step(s) in the ongoing KZ process.

Cheers fellas.