Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Everything New


There are generous servings of change to be found here, there, and everywhere…

1. You may have noticed the cracking new banner above, kindly provided by the staggering talent of That GuyJames –wot. wot.

2. GW has binned all of its old paints and heaved a truckload of new ones our direction …which Vlad and I immediately pressed into service for his Khador Warjacks (it seems so wrong but felt so right). Check out Skarvald’s very thorough, very illuminating description of the events here.


I have been experimenting with the new mixes, washes, and whatnot and come away with a distinctly positive impression. My old recipes were getting a little... old anyway. Time to make them new. There is a lot to work with to be sure.

3. That really just scratches the surface of all the newness coming our (your) way. Big. Big. Projects in the pipeline. Huge.

4. oh, and Sixth Edition looms.

6 comments:

Son of Dorn said...

Big, big projects, hmmmm? And 6th as well. Sounds like a recipe for an exciting summer. :)

Thatguyjames said...

I'm very interested to hear your thoughts on the new paint range.

Skarvald the Troll-faced said...

They must not know about the Big Project, Brian. NOOOOOOOOOO. They must no know, they must not know, they must not know, must not know.. must not know.. not know.. not know.. know.. know...

Hm.. Sorry about that. I seem to have lost a few Sanity points.

Thank you for the community pimping and for the awesome paint lessons. We must do this again! :)

Paul of the Man Cave said...

Those metallic effects look FANTASTIC - I'm most envious!

Sidney Roundwood said...

Really looking forward to your review and comments on the new GW paints. Great to see you're still really busy. The dry-brushing paints look very interesting. Superb banner as well....I really like it - it's very distinctive.

Brian said...

@ Dorn. It is going to be an absolutely mental summer. I'm up to my neck in it already. Better busy than bored, as they say.

@ That Guy James. So far, so good.

@ Skarvald. my lips are sealed.

@ Paul. Cheers mate.

@ Sir Roundwood. I've not yet had a bash at the dry-brushing but Skarvald gave them a go with positive results. I'm more of an "overbrusher," so I expect to approach that particular facet of the range ...cautiously.